Houston dentist offers pain free experience with sedation
Nearly 40 million Americans experience apprehension at the mere mention of visiting the dentist. This fear can have a negative impact on the health and wellbeing of many patients. If dental issues are left untreated because patients are avoiding the dentist’s office, they can worsen and create even more substantial problems.
There are many reasons you may opt for sedation dentistry:
- If you feel anxious or nervous when you are at the dentist’s office.
- If you find yourself avoiding making an appointment.
- If you are facing multiple or lengthy procedures.
- If you have not been seen by a dentist in several years.
- If the sounds or smells inside the dentist’s office make you anxious.
- If you have a sensitive gag reflex.
- If you have a busy schedule and would like to complete several procedures in one appointment.
At Vivid Dental, we offer nitrous oxide sedation to patients who are experiencing dental anxiety. This method of sedation involves administering the gas (often called laughing gas) as well as oxygen through a mask.
Some of the benefits of nitrous oxide include:
- Euphoric feeling that distracts patients from the procedure
- Effects of the gas wear-off quickly, patients can drive home
- Pain-free dental procedures
- Works almost immediately to calm nerves and relieve anxiety
- Safe for patients of all ages
- The dentist can control the amount of gas
Unlike some methods of sedation, with nitrous oxide, patients can drive themselves to and from their appointment. After the procedure is complete, the euphoric and relaxing effects of the medication will wear off very quickly. Patients can continue with their normal activities the day of their appointment.
Dental phobia can really put your smile and your wellbeing at risk. If you are in the Houston area and want to learn more about sedation dentistry, call us today!