Dental crowns are a commonplace dental restoration used in most dental practices today. They are best utilized when patients need to strengthen or protect a natural tooth from damage. Dental crowns are essentially caps that are custom designed to cover all visible portions of a tooth above the gum line. With proper preparation, the dental crown is bonded over the tooth. Dr. Monti Harpalani of Houston, TX ensures that dental crowns match the patient’s existing smile. This is because all restorations made at Vivid Dental are custom-designed for everyone.
How is a dental crown made and placed?
The entire process of obtaining a dental crown can take some time. We walk our patients through the process so that they know what to expect.
- Consultation – an initial consultation appointment is made to discuss the needs of a dental crown with Dr. Monti Harpalani. Some patients may be better suited for other restorations instead, and this can be decided during the first visit.
- Preparation – once patients decide to have dental crowns placed, they undergo preparation. Preparation of the tooth requires that dental enamel around the tooth’s center root be removed.
- Molds – after preparation, the dentist takes an impression of the prepared tooth to ensure the final restoration fits properly over the remaining portion.
- Temporary – a temporary dental crown is placed over the tooth. This temporary is in place until the final dental crown returns from the dental laboratory.
- Placement – once the final restoration arrives, patients come back into the dental office to have their temporary crown removed and their permanent one bonded in place.
Call to learn more about custom-designed dental crowns today!
Dr. Monti Harpalani of Vivid Dental is pleased to offer Houston, TX patients a wide range of dental restorations, including dental crowns. Patients in the area in need of dental crowns can call 281-809-4902 today to discuss their needs.
Share this Article: