If you live in Houston, Texas, and are looking for a dentist “near me” that offers surgical tooth extraction, now is the time to connect with Dr. Monti Harpalani and his team at Vivid Dental. Not only does he provide surgical extractions, but he also educates patients on what to expect before, during, and after the treatment, including aftercare instructions.
- Rest and Relax– it is important to rest and relax following your surgery. This will assist your body in healing and reduce the risk of complications. Try to avoid any strenuous activity for at least 24 hours.
- Ice Packs– applying ice packs to your face can help reduce swelling. Apply the ice packs for 20 minutes at a time, every few hours.
- Pain Medication– you will be given a prescription for pain medication, which you should take as directed. Over-the-counter pain medications can also be used as needed.
- Eating and Drinking– it is essential to drink plenty of fluids following your surgery but avoid using straws as they can cause increased bleeding. Soft, bland foods are best for the first few days.
- Oral Hygiene– it is important to practice good oral hygiene following your surgery. Brush your teeth gently and avoid spitting or using mouthwash for at least 24 hours.
- Follow-Up Appointment– you will need to return to the dentist for a follow-up appointment in 1-2 weeks. The stitches will be removed during this visit, and any remaining questions can be answered.
Call our office for more information
Learn More About the Aftercare Needed Following Surgical Dental Extractions
If you have any questions before or following your surgery, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Monti Harpalani of Vivid Dental to discuss your needs. He works routinely with individuals and families in Houston, Texas, and can be reached at 281-809-4902 to request a consultation appointment. The office is located at 11560 Farm to Market 1960 Road West #200.