Wisdom teeth are that extra set of molars that may start to come in during your teen or young adult years. Sometimes wisdom teeth come in smoothly with no ill effects, and other times they cause all kinds of problems and need to be removed. An evaluation by a dental professional from Vivid Dental, Houston, Texas, can determine if wisdom tooth removal is the best course of action for you.
Is It Time to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth?
There are numerous reasons why your Houston, Texas dentist, Dr. Monti Harpalani, may recommend wisdom tooth removal. Here are just a few:
- Your wisdom teeth have insufficient space to come in and may overcrowd or push other teeth out of alignment.
- Your wisdom teeth are coming in crooked, which can negatively impact your bite.
- Your wisdom teeth are impacted, putting you at risk of gum inflammation and infection.
- Your wisdom teeth are causing the formation of cysts around your gums.
- You’re experiencing severe sinus problems due to wisdom teeth.
As wisdom tooth extraction is a serious surgical procedure, we’ll take time to explain the process and answer your questions, so you’ll know what to expect from this treatment.
Call our office for more information
Wisdom Tooth Removal Aftercare
Proper aftercare is vital to quickly recovering from wisdom tooth surgery. The following are some recovery guidelines you can follow for home aftercare:
- Keep the site where the tooth was removed covered with sterile gauze for at least a half-hour after surgery to control the bleeding.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth forcefully or touching the area with your fingers or tongue.
- Rest for a day or two after your treatment to give your mouth a chance to heal.
- If your mouth or face is swollen, gently apply ice packs to the area at 20-minute intervals until the swelling subsides.
- Take the prescribed pain medication we’ve given you if you feel pain and discomfort after the anesthesia wears off.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Houston, Texas
To plan a consultation with Dr. Monti Harpalani for wisdom tooth removal, contact Vivid Dental, Houston, TX, at 281-809-4902.
Share this Article: